Many companies simply cannot afford to have their own full-time public relations department. It is much more cost-effective to hire PR specialists on an ad hoc basis. There are many reasons why a business might want to hire someone to handle their public relations.
The public relations specialist is going to be calm under pressure and they will have the ability to create content for a wide range of mediums. Companies often form partnerships with certain PR agencies because they have produced quality work in the past.
The benefits of PR companies are numerous.
- PR specialists will be able to write press releases about company developments and then send them to various media outlets. These press releases will be:
- Concise enough for journalists to understand from the headline
- Compelling enough for journalists to publish them as part of a story
- Factually correct so that people will not raise complaints
- A competent PR agency will be able to manage a company’s social media account. This is the “public face” of the company and needs to be handled correctly. The social media management will:
- Cause potential customers to engage with the company
- Inform potential customers about new services and products
- Allow the PR specialist to deal with any complaints that are directed at the company via social media
- A PR specialist will have excellent verbal communication skills, allowing them to:
- Hold press conferences
- Perform face-to-face interviews with journalists
- Perform telephone interviews with journalists
- The PR specialist can be employed to write regularly for the company’s online blog. They will be able to produce both written and video content which will be viewed by people who are visiting the site. This will:
- Increase the profile of the company
- Allow the PR specialist to respond to comments that have been left on the blog
- A PR manager will have the role of performing crisis-prevention. This occurs when an event has occurred which could be potentially damaging for the company. This will include:
- Publishing press releases that respond directly to the events that have occurred
- Publishing content on social media and dealing with the comments that have been made there by other users
- Responding to enquiries that are made by journalists about the matter
Why Should You Compare Several Different Agencies Before Hiring A PR Specialist?
When you want to hire a PR specialist, you should approach this task methodically. Draw up a list of five agencies that you could potentially work with. You can compare the services that they will offer and the price that they are going to charge. The cost of hiring PR specialists needs to be in line with the finances of your company.
As the public voice of your company, PR specialists can attract customers and they will also cast your company in a positive light. PR agents must be able to work with a range of different social media and they must be strong public speakers.